Saturday, November 22, 2014

Silence is the path to hearing God

I read this article today and loved how it describes the importance of having a quiet time in your daily routine.

http://www.intouch.org/magazine/content.aspx?topic=Silence_is_the_Secret#.VHFRdnP8Wv0

I have done it myself and I can say it helps immensely. When I sit still (ie meditate) I get closer to God. I hear His guidance. I feel His presence. I receive His healing. I highly recommend meditation to everyone.

Having a daily moment of stillness also helps me get centered and ready to tackle whatever the day brings.

If you've never done it, here's how to start: sit on a comfortable place, put on some earplugs if there is noise nearby, and try not to think about anything. Just focus on your breath: how it feels when you inhale and your body expands, then how it feels when you exhale and your body contracts. Focus your thoughts and your mind only on your breathing. If other thoughts come to your mind, gently and lovingly bring your focus back to your breathing. Try to do that for about 15 min. It is helpful to close your eyes so that you remove the visual distractions in front of you.
Try it for a few days or weeks. Hopefully you will notice a difference in how your mind behaves. It will also help you gain control over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment